Wings without me 没有我而的生成的翅膀

It was August, and I was looking up at the sky.

八月, 我仰望长空。

With one hand shielding my eyes, I made out a falcon soaring on the currents of hot swirling air.

用单手遮蔽住眼前的烈阳,我看见一只猎鹰正在炙热的漩涡气流上盘桓。

Higher and higher it spiraled, until with one unearthly shriek, it disappeared.

它愈飞愈高,愈飞愈高,{zh1}消失在一道石破天惊的鸣声中。

All at once I felt left behind.

刹那间,我觉得自己被抛弃。

"Why did you grow wings without me?" I mourned.

”为什麼你可以不用我就生出双翼?”我哀伤低语。

Then my spirit said, "The falcon's way is not the only way. Your thoughts are as free as any bird."

灵魂却开口:”猎鹰的路并非{wy}的途径。你的思想能像任何一只鸟一样自由。”

So I shut my eyes and my spirit took off, spiraling as high as the falcon and then beyond, so that I was looking down over the whole earth.

於是我闭上双眼,让灵魂起飞,飞得像猎鹰一样高远,俯瞰整个世界。

But something was wrong. Why did I feel so cold and alone?

但感觉有些不对,为何我感到寒冷又孤单?

"You grew wings without me," my heart said. ”

你没有我而生出了翅膀,”我的心说。

"What good is freedom without love?"

“没有爱的自由,如何能美好?”

So I went quietly to the bed of a sick child and sang him a lullaby.

於是我静静来到病童床边,为他唱一首摇篮曲。

He fell asleep smiling, and my heart took off, joining my spirit as it circled over the earth.

他带著笑意睡去,然后我的心再度起飞,在我的灵魂飞绕地球时和它会合。

I was free and loving, but still something was wrong.

现在我拥有了自由与爱,但感觉仍然不对。

"You grew wings without me," my body said. "Your flights are only imagination."

”你没有我而生出了翅膀,”我的肉体说。”你的飞行只不过是想像。”

So I looked into books that I had ignored before and read about saints in every age who actually flew.

於是我翻开那些曾被我忽略的书,阅读每个时代中真正飞行过的圣徒。

In India, Persia, China, and Spain (even in Los Angeles!), the power of spirit has reached, not just into the heart, but into every cell of the body.

在印度、波斯、中国、西班牙,甚至洛杉矶,灵魂的力量不只存在其心中,甚至深达他们肉身的细胞

"As if carried aloft by a great eagle," Saint Teresa said, "my ecstasy lifted me into the air."

”彷佛被一只巨鹰挟带著飞升,”圣‧泰瑞莎说,”我的狂喜将我高举入云。”

I began to believe in this amazing feat, and for the first time, I didn't feel left behind.

我开始相信这些惊人的功业。而这是{dy}次,我不再觉得自己被他人抛在后边。

I was the falcon and the child and the saint.

我是猎鹰 是孩童 是圣徒

In my eyes their lives became sacred, and the truth came home:

在我眼中,他们的生命都显得崇高,而真理深印我心:

When all life is seen as divine, everyone grows wings.

当所有生命被看作神圣,每个生命都有翅膀。



郑重声明:资讯 【Wings without me 没有我而的生成的翅膀】由 发布,版权归原作者及其所在单位,其原创性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经(企业库qiyeku.com)证实,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。若本文有侵犯到您的版权, 请你提供相关证明及申请并与我们联系(qiyeku # qq.com)或【在线投诉】,我们审核后将会尽快处理。
—— 相关资讯 ——